Tuesday, April 21

political non-sense

I was reading The Confluence today and came across afrocity's post about how proud she is to be a PUMA and wondered if PUMAS will make room for her kind: Republicans.

Now, I find it odd that she'd wonder about that since PUMAS have been saying for a while that they accept everyone who wants to fight their fight, Dem or Repub. PUMAS readily supported Sarah Palin when the Dems didn't allow Hillary Clinton on the national presidential ballot. So, why is afrocity concerned about this?

Maybe it's because she's not very bright? I mean, she's a self-identified black woman. She's not uneducated on racism and politics. But, she calls herself a Republican. Why? Well, she apparently feels she's politically conservative. How nice. Can you not be politically conservative without taking on the massive amount of bullshit that is the Republican Party?

My problem with so many feminists is that they want to fight the misogynist political and social arena from a seat in the stands. Your feminism does not matter if you want to sit and play with the "Big Boys." It just doesn't. Don't tell me you're a feminist and then tell me you're a black feminist and then tell me you're a Republican. Because that makes me doubt you really understand feminism and your political position as a black person. Subsequently, I doubt you understand what a woman really is.

A woman doesn't stand under the Umbrella of Patriarchy and say, "I'm revolting!" Maybe that's why afrocity listens to so much Riot Grrl. She's not yet a woman, still a girl, asking to sit on daddy's lap, hoping her presence makes a difference.

Good luck with that, sweetheart.



No comments:

Post a Comment